Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tots Together Days

Tot School
While we've been busy getting things ready for Love Bug's grandparents to move in, I've been thinking quite a bit about our upcoming school year. Things are going to be pretty crazy the first month or so of school and I wanted to nail down my plans for Tot school with Love Bug so we're ready to start!
Love Bug will be 31 months when we start school this year. We really enjoy our time alone, and we also get together with friends for a day at the park most weeks, and sometimes outings on Friday's, until it gets too cold outside.
This year I decided to add a day each week when other tots around Love Bug's age can come over and join in the learning fun.
I shared my schedule and list of preschool units that I will be using with the mom's of the tots invited to join us, and they are welcome to do them at home with their own little learner. It's not at all required though. Then we will get together to do an activity and some fun learning games based on our theme for the week.
I'm doing it drop in style, to make things more simple. We'll do things on our own if there happen to be weeks when no one else can come play with us.
I'll update my blog to let everyone know how well it works out (or doesn't ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment